Fafifi Island MSFS Scenery Project
You have visited this page early in its construction - welcome.
Welcome the Fafifi Island MSFS Scenery Project
Work has begun making a fictional island for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
The original small scale 3D model created in Blender has been lost, but the screenshot below represents the original idea for the Island's shape and topography - it has been feeding the imagination of the writer since it was generated in early 2021.
Can it be done?
Yes it can! The challenge is working out how and finding the people to do it. Time is not an issue, it is a long term project not driven by commercial interests or restrained by institutional palaver.
- Even though development of MOMA has been lateral rather than vertical, a lot of groundwork has been layed down and community interest in the project is steadily growing
- David Rose (Co-ordinating Artist) is committed & passionate to (1) learn how to do it and (2) to find a team of people to collaborate with
- The modding communities of Flying Fries (creator of the Scrapyard Monster fictional airplane) and Federico Pinotti (avid MSFS scenery creator) have both shown welcome and offered support
- The Thrustmaster i-Land scenery addon has shown that (1) the thing can be built and (2) that there is sufficient interest in the flight sim community to fly it and maintain it. There is no reason why the developers can't be approached for advice
- The enduring success of the FlyByWire Airbus projects has shown that a large community of unpaid volunteer developers can succeed in creating large complex addons - even in the face of competition from commercial developers
Here's a link to the Thrustmaster i-Land download page: https://www.thrustmaster.com/thrustmaster-i-land/ if you want to check it out.
The airport to spawn into is TMFL.
Dev Log for the Island Scenery Project
The Development Log for this project is in the form of a Discord Forum
In summary David Freedom Rose is currently learning the basics on a small scenary project bere jumpin into the Island itself.